Mind the gap: The very amusing English thread

Patrick Rollbis

AT Moderation
I agree, I also think that it is a great language. What I like about it is that you can easily express what you wanna say and that so many people on the world are able to understand it.

Exactly.
Whereever I'm, I can reach everyone by speaking english. (theoreticly)

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
What I like about it is that you can easily express what you wanna say and that so many people on the world are able to understand it.
You think? Tell that to the Chinese people:

(Bildquelle: Wikipedia, GPLDL)

Good one.

Yeah, german is nice to hear, but very complicated for immigrants.
Please uncover the sentence below by selecting it with your mouse - But only if you can handle very very dark humour!!! I've warned you!!!
Just imagine if we had won the war... But now I know why the allies fought so hard.

Reaktionen: Patrick Rollbis

Patrick Rollbis

AT Moderation
If we’re going to use the British language in this particular thread, we also should use the British humour, don’t you agree?
British humour is great, but the language is.... strange.
A.E. is much better to speak.
I don't like it that we have to learn B.E. at school.

walksunix

Spartan
No. I think, German is a beautiful language too. But English is easier.
English is easy, almost like french. If you can speak endlish very good, so you will learn french much faster because many words are almost the same. Only you have to speak they out on the other way. J'aime francais parce que je veux vivre a Canada. C'est la vie :p

Ikezu Sennin

Schöner von Bath

A.E. is indeed easier to speak, but not as easy on the ears in my opinion. I just love hearing British dialects, especially Irish and Scottish.

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble

LenuaM

Aargauer Weinapfel
English is easy, almost like french. If you can speak endlish very good, so you will learn french much faster because many words are almost the same.
Well, unfortunately that doesn't apply to me. I wouldn't say my English is very good, though. It's probably quite okay. But that didn't seem to improve my French skills at all :)

I don't like that, either. I can't say that I like the typical British pronounciation very much. Sometimes I think it's almost annoying.

Patrick Rollbis

AT Moderation
For all the folks who can't speak japanese:
すみません。ここでは、トイレですか。あっりがとごやいました。
means
Excuse me, please. Where is the toilet? Thank you.

Nexus

Bismarckapfel
Nice thread...
I could practice some english here for my training in Hong Kong, but it think this isn't the right forum.
For all the people who think their english is worse go to MyHappyPlanet.com and practice a bit. ;)

Patrick where did you learning japanese? I'm learning chinese since 1 year... :D
This will be a good topic for conversation on ATUT... ;)
Mfg Nexus

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
And how do you ask for the right kind of toilet in Japan, Patrick? Since I'd rather end up on a high-tech western style gadget-overloaded john than a traditional Japanese squat toilet.

Patrick Rollbis

AT Moderation
Nice thread...
I could practice some english here for my training in Hong Kong, but it thing this isn't the right forum.
For all the people who think their english is worse go to MyHappyPlanet.com and practice a bit. ;)

Mfg Nexus

I think this is a nice place to practice english, because we're speaking about everything. :D
(I don't know MyHappyPlanet)