• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Was gibt es Schöneres als den Mai draußen in der Natur mit allen Sinnen zu genießen? Lasst uns teilhaben an Euren Erlebnissen und macht mit beim Thema des Monats Da blüht uns was! ---> Klick

Mind the gap: The very amusing English thread

alex_neo

Roter Stettiner
During my time in the States I was told by several people that I nearly talk without any foreign accent :cool:

CraZyChris

Horneburger Pfannkuchenapfel
I actually haven't heard any German who can speak without accent yet. Except me :p
No but really, even our English teacher can't, as I said before.
SO, how long have You been there?

julien1204

Oberdiecks Taubenapfel
No I haven't. But I like the Indian speaking English. Sounds also really weird.. :p

There's a prof at my university, she's from India and I can totally agree with that :-D
But I've just been once to her lesson, was too hilarious to learn something :p

P.S. I actually like the french dialect :-D sounds fun.....but most of the French are too full of themselves to speak any other language then their own o_O

CraZyChris

Has anybody seen 'Zohan'? Almost the whole Movie is in 'Indian_English'.

alex_neo

Roter Stettiner
Has anybody seen 'Zohan'? Almost the whole Movie is in 'Indian_English'.

The original Title of that movie is "You don't mess with the Zohan".

To answer your other question: I have been in Pittsburgh for one semester, which started in January and ended yesterday, so more or less four months. I had been to the US before though on a highschool exchange in 2003 and I've attended a summer language program in England twice when I was a teenager. Besides that I've been learning English in school since 4th grade (and had it as one of my advanced courses for Abitur) and now in college the majority of my lectures are in English too.

CraZyChris

Oh, sorry, right it was You Don't mess with the Zohan. :p

Wow, that's cool. I actually should have benn going on an American Highschool called Lincolns Community School.
But since we're back in Germany forever, I have to go on an Germanschool :(
I really miss talking english with other's, when we're playing football for example.

darkCarpet

Halberstädter Jungfernapfel
I'm deeply hurt that this thread is still in maintenance ...

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
Just another suggestion: New users should pass a TOEFL or IELTS test to gain full access to our community.

darkCarpet

They should take part in the "elch-test" to receive their whole power.

elchtest.gif

Now you can imagine yourself: Who is who?

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
The "moose accident test"? Well, they could use the iPhone's accelometer to remotely perform that test. Telemetry at it's best ;)

darkCarpet

Or even the compass reach their personal aim to pass the test. But I'm not sure at the moment.

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
The new show on Apfeltalk-TV: "Getting regular user privileges". Hours of fun for the whole family. Live and in HD.

darkCarpet

I've watched some pictures in the AT-Gallery. There is a lot of sick stuff in. After that I will be lieing in bed sleepless.

darkCarpet

Entirely fascinated.

Maybe he was absent because of the repeating of this one word?

Could that be possible?