• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Seit Gutenbergs Zeiten haben sich nicht nur Bücher über die ganze Welt verbreitet, sondern Buchstaben und Wörter begleiten uns allumfassend. Selbst moderne Devices mit Sprachsteuerung und Super-KI kommen nicht ohne Buchstaben, Wörter oder Symbole aus. Nicht zuletzt darum ist das Thema das Monats Am Anfang war das Wort ---> Klick

Mind the gap: The very amusing English thread

Snoopy181

Roter Astrachan
Polarizes means that someone divides the people in two groups: One group loves him to death, the other group hates him.

CraZyChris

Horneburger Pfannkuchenapfel
I hate checking a word in a Dictionary. If someone explains me a word, I can remember the word! :-D

Karud

Weißer Winterglockenapfel
Anyway, who knows good radio plays? I would prefere them in BE (British English).
Thanks in advance.

Snoopy181

Roter Astrachan
I hate checking a word in a Dictionary. If someone explains me a word, I can remember the word! :-D

Well, I can also train my language skills with explaining a word with other words. I have to work until Tuesday, then my holiday will start *happy* And in a few hours this sh** week is also over :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sigur

Adams Parmäne
Either u r all trying to shit me with your holidays or u just don't know the difference...

holidays = feiertage
break (AE) = ferien
vacation (dunno but I think it's AE as well) = urlaub

Sigur

Adams Parmäne
Either u r all trying to shit me with your holidays or u just don't know the difference...

holidays = feiertage
break (AE) = ferien
vacation (dunno but I think it's AE as well) = urlaub

I'm sorry to correct you, but referring to dict.leo.org, "holiday" can also mean the German "Ferien" or "Urlaub" ;)

I know. But nobody ever mentioned holiday. Everybody was talking about holidays, which does not mean the same. And I didn't even write holiday.

Tazjin

Hildesheimer Goldrenette
These gnats are f***ing my life!
There's only one ... infestation ... worse than gnats.

WASPS. I'm allergic against them and they literally f*** my life.

iNiKeY22

Ingrid Marie
He's just gettin' crazy because of f-ing insects. And because he's allergic to 'em. :innocent:

Tazjin

Hildesheimer Goldrenette
He's just gettin' crazy because of f-ing insects. And because he's allergic to 'em. :innocent:

yeah well, last time a wasp stung me (been able to avoid that for five years now) I enjoyed that for about 3 and a half month.
That's why I hate this time of the year.

@Chris: Shut your bloody cakehole!

ermm. yeah kinda

Karud

Weißer Winterglockenapfel
In my whole life, I only made it once, to anger a wasp hard enough to sting me. And still it was by accident. Tell me your secret. ;)

darkCarpet

Halberstädter Jungfernapfel
For sure ...

And I'm Madame Tussauds herself.