• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Wir haben den Frühjahrsputz beendet, Ihr auch? Welches Foto zu dem Thema hat Euch dann am Besten gefallen? Hier geht es lang zur Abstimmung --> Klick

[14 Sonoma] Monitors connected via external dock change content with one another very often after reopening the laptop

OS 14 Sonoma

aaron_wlkr

Erdapfel
Hey,
my problem is that more often than not the content that I had opened on one monitor the day before switches to the other and vice versa. This only happens with the two external monitors. They are the exactly same model and one of them is connected via Display Port and the other via Hdmi. A Dongle converts each to the Usb C form factor which is connected to my Dock, the PowerExpand 5-in-1 Thunderbolt 4 Mini Dock from Anker. The MacBook I am using is the MacBook Pro M1 Max.
Does anyone else experience this problem or even know how to fix it?

Marcel Bresink

Hadelner Sommerprinz
In this particular configuration, it is very hard or even impossible for the operating system to guarantee that the monitors are enumerated in the same order.

You should try to use a simple USB-based Dock instead of a Thunderbolt one. It should have USB-C input and both, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs. You need to make sure that the bandwidth is sufficient to support the intended resolutions and display rates.

Reaktionen: aaron_wlkr

Nathea

Admin
AT Administration
Hello @aaron_wlkr

Apfeltalk is a German forum and ask you to ask questions in German as well. If necessary, please use translation software for further communication.

Reaktionen: aaron_wlkr und u0679