• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Was gibt es Schöneres als den Mai draußen in der Natur mit allen Sinnen zu genießen? Lasst uns teilhaben an Euren Erlebnissen und macht mit beim Thema des Monats Da blüht uns was! ---> Klick

Mind the gap: The very amusing English thread

Snoopy181

Roter Astrachan
Polarizes means that someone divides the people in two groups: One group loves him to death, the other group hates him.

CraZyChris

Horneburger Pfannkuchenapfel
I hate checking a word in a Dictionary. If someone explains me a word, I can remember the word! :-D

Karud

Weißer Winterglockenapfel
Anyway, who knows good radio plays? I would prefere them in BE (British English).
Thanks in advance.

Snoopy181

Roter Astrachan
I hate checking a word in a Dictionary. If someone explains me a word, I can remember the word! :-D

Well, I can also train my language skills with explaining a word with other words. I have to work until Tuesday, then my holiday will start *happy* And in a few hours this sh** week is also over :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sigur

Adams Parmäne
Either u r all trying to shit me with your holidays or u just don't know the difference...

holidays = feiertage
break (AE) = ferien
vacation (dunno but I think it's AE as well) = urlaub

Sigur

Adams Parmäne
Either u r all trying to shit me with your holidays or u just don't know the difference...

holidays = feiertage
break (AE) = ferien
vacation (dunno but I think it's AE as well) = urlaub

I'm sorry to correct you, but referring to dict.leo.org, "holiday" can also mean the German "Ferien" or "Urlaub" ;)

I know. But nobody ever mentioned holiday. Everybody was talking about holidays, which does not mean the same. And I didn't even write holiday.

Tazjin

Hildesheimer Goldrenette
These gnats are f***ing my life!
There's only one ... infestation ... worse than gnats.

WASPS. I'm allergic against them and they literally f*** my life.

iNiKeY22

Ingrid Marie
He's just gettin' crazy because of f-ing insects. And because he's allergic to 'em. :innocent:

Tazjin

Hildesheimer Goldrenette
He's just gettin' crazy because of f-ing insects. And because he's allergic to 'em. :innocent:

yeah well, last time a wasp stung me (been able to avoid that for five years now) I enjoyed that for about 3 and a half month.
That's why I hate this time of the year.

@Chris: Shut your bloody cakehole!

ermm. yeah kinda

Karud

Weißer Winterglockenapfel
In my whole life, I only made it once, to anger a wasp hard enough to sting me. And still it was by accident. Tell me your secret. ;)

darkCarpet

Halberstädter Jungfernapfel
For sure ...

And I'm Madame Tussauds herself.