1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

panic kernel and no RAM

Dieses Thema im Forum "Mobil-Macs" wurde erstellt von alessandra, 05.02.06.

1. alessandra

alessandra Gast

hi there everybody... here I am again :)
    do you remember the kernel panic from Italy?
    so... I found the original disks and I did the hardware test... result: problem with memory... what kind? post/0/2048, then I try to find something about it... and it seems a memory problem, something like "I have a slot less"... in fact it was like this:
    Originaly I had 512Mb, now my sweet Ibook says that I have only 256Mb...
    I tryied to remove the removable slot and I get 3bips... no memory at all.
    so, is the unremovable slot that is damaged, isnt it?
    and now?
    I really dont know what to do... my assistence expired 2 months ago, and I really need this machine working!
    the only thing I remember is that before the first panic kernel I changed my keyboard (beacuse it has some problem too and apple sent me a new one)... is it possible that I burned the ram?

if somebody has some ideas or same problem, please answer me!
    (I am goign to get graduate in april and I really cant stay without a computer, I feel so unlucky...:(
    many thanks
  2. daveinitiv

daveinitiv Wilstedter Apfel

It seems, that your internal RAM Slot is defect. All you can do is contact Apple or your local Apple Service Provider to check if Apple puts a CS Code on the Book. It means, that you wil have a cost free repair.
  3. alessandra

alessandra Gast

I hope it will work... tomorrow I will call the assistence service... I saw around, it seems a quite "normal" RAM defect... bah, I am hopeless!
    thanks a lot
  4. chsz87

chsz87 Weisser Rosenapfel

Diese Seite empfehlen