• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Viele hassen ihn, manche schwören auf ihn, wir aber möchten unbedingt sehen, welche Bilder Ihr vor Eurem geistigen Auge bzw. vor der Linse Eures iPhone oder iPad sehen könnt, wenn Ihr dieses Wort hört oder lest. Macht mit und beteiligt Euch an unserem Frühjahrsputz ---> Klick

panic kernel and no RAM

• Ersteller alessandra
  • Erstellt am

alessandra

Gast
hi there everybody... here I am again :)
do you remember the kernel panic from Italy?
so... I found the original disks and I did the hardware test... result: problem with memory... what kind? post/0/2048, then I try to find something about it... and it seems a memory problem, something like "I have a slot less"... in fact it was like this:
Originaly I had 512Mb, now my sweet Ibook says that I have only 256Mb...
I tryied to remove the removable slot and I get 3bips... no memory at all.
so, is the unremovable slot that is damaged, isnt it?
and now?
I really dont know what to do... my assistence expired 2 months ago, and I really need this machine working!
sbuff!
the only thing I remember is that before the first panic kernel I changed my keyboard (beacuse it has some problem too and apple sent me a new one)... is it possible that I burned the ram?

if somebody has some ideas or same problem, please answer me!
(I am goign to get graduate in april and I really cant stay without a computer, I feel so unlucky...:(
many thanks

daveinitiv

Wilstedter Apfel
It seems, that your internal RAM Slot is defect. All you can do is contact Apple or your local Apple Service Provider to check if Apple puts a CS Code on the Book. It means, that you wil have a cost free repair.

alessandra

Gast
I hope it will work... tomorrow I will call the assistence service... I saw around, it seems a quite "normal" RAM defect... bah, I am hopeless!
thanks a lot

chsz87

Weisser Rosenapfel
Did it work? Can they fix it?

Christoph