• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Viele hassen ihn, manche schwören auf ihn, wir aber möchten unbedingt sehen, welche Bilder Ihr vor Eurem geistigen Auge bzw. vor der Linse Eures iPhone oder iPad sehen könnt, wenn Ihr dieses Wort hört oder lest. Macht mit und beteiligt Euch an unserem Frühjahrsputz ---> Klick

[iPad 4] Ipad 4 suddenly not starting nor charging

SadIpadUser

Erdapfel
Liebe Apfelfreunde,

my Ipad 4's battery has reached 0% two days ago. As usual I attached it to the original charger (with non-original cable) but it would neither charge anything (just stay as in the attached picture) or boot. After inserting the cable and after pressing the power button the attached picture appears on the screen for two seconds but nothing else. It stayed on the charger for around 24h now without any changes.

I have already researched a little and have tried a second cable, charging dock and cleaned the lighting adapter (nothing noticable came out). I also tried the different combinations of pressing the power and home button, but the Ipad would just stay in the state as in the picture.

I have run over this tutorial from 2012: https://de.ifixit.com/Antworten/Ansehen/34668/Ipad+Dock+connector+no+longer+working
Unru2VJ62QPmPSYS

Does anyone know if this procedure would be applicable to the Ipad 4 too? Any other ideas?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Best regards

SadIpadUser

doc_holleday

Roter Herbstkalvill
The battery is a typical wear part, so my guess is that it has reached the end of its lifetime and needs replacement. If it's worth to do this with an iPad 4, is a different question, though.

Apart from that, welcome to the forums and please don't be too disappointed, if you don't get too many replies, as this forum is basically german speaking (only).

Reaktionen: SadIpadUser

SadIpadUser

Erdapfel
Danke fuer die Antwort, ich kann Deutsch ganz gut verstehen aber nicht so gut schreiben. Also bitte gerne einfach auf Deutsch antworten.

Ich hoffe Batterie austauschen ist dann nur "last resort", aber danke fuer den tipp.

doc_holleday

Roter Herbstkalvill
Also sprachlich sehe ich schon mal keine Probleme ;)

Wenn du das iPad mal an einen Computer anschließt auf dem iTunes installiert ist, kannst du noch versuchen das Betriebssystem neu zu installieren; ggf. im sogenannten DFU Mode.

Aber wenn die Batterie fertig ist, wird auch das nicht helfen. Bzw. wirst du vielleicht erst gar nicht so weit kommen, die Installation durchzuführen.

Reaktionen: SadIpadUser